Iroquois Valley Farms Vision Statement
Iroquois Valley Farms has adopted corporate ownership as the most generationally focused, indefinitely scalable and democratically governed structure suitable to its vision of permanently impacting sustainable agriculture. Embodied in this vision are the following seven guiding principles:
- Enable the next generation of young farmers to positively impact world health.
- Farm with healthy, humane and organic practices without GMOs, toxic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, synthetic fertilizers or other harmful chemicals.
- Keep the farmers on the land by indefinitely renewing their leases and preferentially selling to the farm tenant. Members trade “stock”, not land.
- Grow a broad-based membership, reaching thousands of like-minded investors concerned about the health of people, the planet, and financial stability.
- Transition traditional investment capital from conventional trading and extractive practices to renewable and regenerative uses.
- Maintain a fairly valued, democratically governed enterprise enabling both members and farmers to enjoy a stable and profitable return on their farming investment.
- Protect farmland.
“What we do to the land, we do to ourselves.” — Wendell Berry
Our Vision Endorsed by: